Saturday, September 27, 2008

It's finally here

my Sat date day!!! yeah....

And it was almost ruined by yesterday. At lunch I was eating two bites of salad when I immediately dashed off to the ladies room and was sick. Well then I turned white and thought I was going to pass out so I sat down in the waiting area for a bit and well tried to pull myself together. Well it was everything I could do to drive myself home and I promptly got sick again. Every little sip I took would come right back out. What am I thinking, blockage!! boo. Well I layed down and slept, hoping maybe it would work it's way through, the pain was excruciating, never in my life have I had so much pain. So I am now waiting for my oldest son to get home from school and I totally forgot he had an exam from 5-7pm. Well the minute he came in the door I had him take me to the ER. Fun, fun....Well they set me up, in the room immediately and I had blood drawn, IV started (as I was getting very dehydrated at this point) and then I had to drink the nasty Gastrobond, for the cat scan. I had to wait 1 1/2 hours after I drank to get the test run so the liquid would run through the intestines...YUCK!!! Around midnight I was whisked off to the Cat scan and they found nothing!! NOTHING wrong, but I was still in pain. They called my surgeon and he said that it had nothing to do with the WLS (thank god) and that I could possibly have a pinched nerve in my lower back muscles or the beginning of appendicitis, so they sent me home around 2am with meds and I slept, I feel a little better today, still a bit sore but nothing I can't manage to move around with.

So today, is date 3, I am excited and we aren't doing anything strenuous so it should be fine. He told me yesterday that he misses me, that he is having feelings and it's all a bit crazy and soon...we'll just see where it goes!

1 comment:

Susy said...

how icky... how are you this evening. keep me posted! Hope your date is great!

hugs