Monday, July 23, 2007

A little update

The weekend was a blur and very stressful. I found myself, more than once wanting to take the edge off my nerves with food. Of course doing so would just make me sick....so I lived through it. My grandma (who's 95) was found unconscious Friday, they took her to the hospital and she was thoroughly dehydrated and has had another minor heart attack, thank goodness for all that but it took us 9 hours to find this out. Saturday the kids and I had plans to hike and meet friends up in Kutztown, so we went (at my mother's prodding) she said she would be home to take care of grandma, well we got home that night and I called in to check only to find out she and my sister had been out all day shopping for wedding stuff! WHAT!!! My mother has no cell (I know she's probably only one of 10 people who don't) anyhow no one checked in on grandma after they dropped her home and nestled her in bed that day. I was flamed. So Sunday I spent some time at grandma's and with sister who leaves today for Greece...good luck and hope to see you soon!

So we did have a nice hike (although small) on Saturday but it was perfect to get back into the swing of it. I also found a Denise Austin yoga tape so that was cool. It's a combo pilates and yoga...I have some problems with the yoga and the right knee, it doesn't want to comply with all the moves with the partial in there...I don't know if it ever will!

Anyhow the weather was nice and warm and low humidity and the company was great....so all in all it was a good weekend.

No comments: