Monday, June 04, 2007

New week, new start

Ok let's start this week over, right now none of that last week snarkiness, morbidly oppression that hung over my life like a damp rag.

Friday night was great fun, lots of dancing and meeting new people through friends I already have. Most of them could not believe I've had WLS, it's true seriously...pictures of old me flash out, they gasp, then nod their heads yes. It still makes me feel really good to hear that, especially since I'm holding my own for the last three weeks with the scale. I figured this would come as I only have 20-25 more lbs to lose.

Sat was tiring, but so full of great energy. The walk/5K was a huge success, over a 1000 people came out to support a family who's little boy has MD (we are close friends) the mom (J) gave a great speech and you could feel the love and thankfulness for all the generosity that was paid to her family through people (most of whom she did not know), it was a nice walk along the Brandywine River passing out little old zoo and by the rapids and I couldn't think of a better place to be supporting and sucking in a little of the amazing energy to bottle up for myself.

Sunday ended up being a rainy type of day, one which was sorely needed here. I took it as a cue to get some crafting done that i've been saving for such a day. I've decided that I'm going to participate in a few craft sales this fall and I needed to up my inventory levels for such a feat, hence work was created on Sunday. It felt good to not have to worry about anything or have any pressure!! I got alot of great things done and stored for the fall.

Everyone in the family was in harmony this weekend, which made for a pleasant time. I'm glad I participated in it!

No comments: