Tuesday, March 27, 2007

How do you handle bad news

SCOTT JOHSON
Scott Johnson
Of Middletown, DE, went to be with The Lord on Sunday March 18, 2007, surrounded by his loving family at the age of 38.
Scott was born in Santa Maria, CA, the son of Donald E. Johnson and Jeannie Baer and has made Delaware his home for the majority of his Life. Scott who had a strong belief in God attended New Castle Baptist Church. Scott was a 1986 graduate of Newark High School and received a Bachelor's of Arts in Finance from Wilmington College in 1999. He worked as a Financial Analyst in the local Banking business for Discover Card and Bank of New York. Scott enjoyed chatting on line with his friends, karaoke, bowling, reading the Bible and Christian rock music, but most important to him was his family.
Scott will be sadly missed by his son Nicholas A. Johnson, mother and step-father Jeannie and Donnie Baer of Middletown, Carl and Edna Speorl, who were second parents to Scott; loving companion Michele Haley, special friend Pamela Wray, and Scott's best friend Jeff Fulton who lead Scott to Christ.
Family and friends are invited to Scott's viewing and to Celebrate his Life with his family on Thursday March 22, 2007, from 10 to 11 am at Beeson Funeral Home of Newark, 2053 Pulaski Highway, Fox Run, (302) 453-1900. His funeral service will begin at 11 am. Committal services will be held privately.
In memory of Scott a contribution may be made to The Helen Graham Center, 4735 Ogletown-Stanton Road, Newark, DE 19713.
Online condolences may be made by visiting
www.griecofuneralhomes.com
BEESON FUNERAL HOME
OF NEWARK
"A Grieco Family
Funeral Home"

This was a sweet guy I met on myspace, never formally in person but man you felt like you knew him your whole life. He was so full of energy and optimism only to have it yanked from him. He had opinions, comments and was generally a joy to speak with on any occasion. He loved karakoke (which I promised to go out and sing with him, but it never happened) I don't know him personally but always felt like we had a connection. I've been wondering where he has been, I would check his page periodically, but he never signed in after 3/1/07. What I never did was scroll down the page to his comments section. Actually the last time I looked was on Tuesday, March 20th, had I looked down on the page I would have seen that he had passed away. I feel guilt, why I have no idea. I liked him, he was a nice person....but I never met him. So I had to put this all down, it was like he was telling me from above, I'm here, I see you look further and you will see me. I even looked at the obits from the paper that day but didn't see it because it was in there the next day. So this is a case of helping me cope, and making me feel better. Isn't that horrible....I pray that he has relief and is looking down on his son and can guide him through all the things he knew he wouldn't be here for.

No comments: