Friday, January 19, 2007

Friday musings

Well another week has ended and we are that much closer to Christmas again!! HA HA

Tomorrow is my 2 month surgiversary if you can say that. I'm definitely in a position to notice the changes. I am, probably for the first time, excited about my weigh in. I don't believe I have ever in my entire life been excited about stepping on a scale. How about that for a complete change of pace! I had one of my girlfriends over last night and was able to unload a bunch of great clothes to her, the rest at this point are bagged and ready to go to goodwill. I've been through most of the winter stuff and now I will have the summer stuff once the seasons get closer to changing. Today I am wearing a Large sweater and turtleneck, 8 weeks ago, I was wearing 1x or 2x shirts. I have on 16 pants which are swimming on me, so I will retire them tonight as well, and I guess I can say I'm solidly in a 14 at this point. So far so good with eating, I have tried alot of different foods, I loved it all but the portion size was definitely the difference between now and then. Before I could eat 2-3 slices of pizza, last night I had one, sans crust and didn't even finish it all. I was satisfied and everything was good!

Enough about RNY and the positives for me. Football is winding down for the season, or I could say over as far as our home team the EAGLES go....two more weekends and it's finished. I will indeed need to find something else to look forward to at this point in the year. My ds1 loves basketball so that's good for him, but leaves me out in the cold a bit. I have agreed to take him and his brother next Friday to a game. Should be fun though, even though I'm not a huge fan.

Summer is coming (well not exactly) but yeah it's coming sometime in the distant future. I hope to be at a very decent weight, as end of May will be around 6 months out. I really don't know what to expect from my body at that point, but the honeymoon is officially over or so they say at that point. The first six months is when you loose roughly 1/2 of your total weight loss. Of course this varies person to person, but I hope to be beyond that at that point, it will be interesting to see what comes up in the future.

I'm rambling on and on, because truthfully work is boring this last hour and I'm trying to type the time away. So I bid all those adieu and have a great weekend!

GO BEARS!!

No comments: