Friday, July 03, 2009

A long week

This has probably been the longest week so far...we took ds2 to get his cast changed on Tuesday. Evidently he had an infection and they immediately put him on antibiotics so we spent yet another night and the next day in the hospital dealing with all this...he's home (well if you consider grandma's) home and he is uncasted and getting cleaned and dealing with all of this.....

He had no clue he was having any problems and well, to be honest I'm not sure how he would considering they had him so doped up, anywho, we are on the road to recovery. Tomorrow we go in to hopefully have the recast done. I'm hoping it will be the case, he is responding great to the antibiotics and cleaning and well it's just a huge pain in the ass at this point in his point of view and mine also! Not what either of us expected at this long weekend of celebration, but it is what it is...lol

So we are here at mom's, not exactly the place I want to be, but it is what it is and I will make the best of it. Tomorrow, we go and hopefully get cast and home! I miss home and my bed as I am sure he does too! So much for our plans.....next year hopefully will be a more memorable 4th!!!

No comments: