Thursday, February 19, 2009

The trip










I have no idea where to even begin, so I'm just going to say I had a wonderful time, met an amazing group of people on the boat and will never forget this trip, ever. I got to see this view every morning....









and this one every night....it was so peaceful and such a far reach from the hustle and bustle of my normal, everyday life. I felt so calm and energized on this ride....






This is a view, 146 steps up from the most southern point in Cozumel atop the lighthouse. The scenery no matter which way your turned took your breathe away. Here are a few more...
Everyday was sunny and warm, the skinny girl who hid behind a sea of cloth for years, broke out this year and wore a swimsuit, not just any swimsuit, but a tankini (it's no bikini) but in my book close enough, I wore my formal dress the one with the black lace, I had so many offers of dances that night it took my breathe away. I laughed, swam, climbed, swam some more, had a few drinks, well maybe more than just a few, I danced and danced the nights away and enjoyed myself as I haven't in years. I felt all the tension and pressures slip away. The thing I think though that I brought home with me is the fact that I can go away on a vacation full of buffet foods and come home the same weight I left at. It simply amazed me because before I would have easily gained 10lb. I made great choices while eating, exercised with the yoga instructor every morning atop the ship at sunrise and had fun...
I am home now two full days and am still smiling!!!







1 comment:

Janine said...

Wow - What beautiful pictures. It looks amazing! Good for you getting out and enjoying the life you have worked so hard to create. Very Very inspired by you