Saturday, February 07, 2009

At the request....

Of Miss Janine down under..a little catchup post so you don't have to sift through mountains of blog entries along the way....

I started my WLS pursuit way back in 03...but was sidelined by having to get a partial knee...current weight at that time was around 260.....

Fast forward, 03 got the partial knee post op of that I ballooned up to almost 295.....yikes...I was scared but needed the full year of therapy to fully recover properly from this surgery. So now into 04...I'm sick, alot....High blood pressure, reflux out of this world, pre-diabetic. I am sitting between 280 and 290 at any given day. Have a hard time walking up and down stairs...yikes!!! It winds me just to go up once. I am really starting to hate my life and how it's become but I am not doing anything about it. 06 I finally cave that summer, call the doc again and get my pre-op appt...that day in August I walk into his office the scale registered 275, ok, that is after a full year of Weight Watchers, and my own creative or not so creative diets...I'm sad, depressed and feeling overall that I have lost total control of my life. The doc and I sit down and discuss the options. Of course intially I go in with the feeling I want a lap band...I'm scared and although I have done years and years of research I'm still not 100%...we talked in depth about all of the options....and after our talk I went home and called the next day and decided RNY was for me. The best solution for my obesity and the one I would be the most comfortable working with long term. So we schedule the millions of appointments...he says no more than 10 lb weight gain or the whole deal is off.....That to me was the most intense. I made an appt with my private practice doc also...I have been with him forever and needed and wanted his approval....it was more important long term than the faith and love from my family because he would be the one I turn to for issues and help me through this in the long term!! My wait period was a whirlwind (not so much anymore though from the things insurance require) so from my first meeting in August 06 and the appt, I had my surgery scheduled for the morning of November 20, 2006. The day of my rebirth....from there it has been a whirlwind. We had our thanksgiving as a family early that year as it fell after surgery and I would be totally liquid or soft foods at that point. I went in that Monday morning at a hefty weight of 269lb.......it was so embarrasing to me.....here I was wearing 22/24 and they were tight, I was stretched to the limit to stay in this size at this point...I stand at 65" or 5'5"....I always thought I was larged boned but that would soon change after the weight started melting off.

As with anything, since I'm so OCD and ADD, this was something I was going to succeed with and not fail...I follow the docs orders to a T.....I dropped 40 lb in the first month!! WOW what an incentive....

Fast forward and all the drudge taken out....today 2/7/09, I am 26 months post op....I weighed 132...that is my all time low (I am not good here too thin) my previous all time low was 135, my favorite weight is around 140-145, that is a good weight for my body frame. I have had no plastics and not sure I will, although I would love a boob job!! lol I am healthy, happy and stick to the program everyday...I'm so happy that I have been given a second chance at life and although I moan and cry on here from time to time...I am enjoying myself more than I have in the past 40 some years of my life...

Not quite the readers digest short version...but it's me, it's raw and it's just the way it is.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Michelle - you and I sound like twins! I was at the same weight when I went in for my surgery at the end of December. I hope I can follow in your footsteps to teh 130 range! That is fantastic! And I can't remember ever being that thin! I hope you are having a great time on your cruise!