Sunday, October 12, 2008

Beautiful weekend

It is/was and is still happening. I went on a date last night. Didn't want to say anything to jinx it and I really know I said I wasn't going to but it came up and well he asked me yesterday. I drove down to meet him 1/2 way. We had crabs (probably last of the season) and then off to a drive in. I couldn't believe they have drive in's still downstate, it was so cool. I haven't been to one in years. It was fun and I felt almost like a teenager again. Of course all that sitting wrecked havoc on my side that is healing...so I laid down for a short while at his house while the Red Sox were handed their asses in the game last night and well I promptly feel asleep, he talked me into spending the night in his guest bedroom and I came back this a.m.

So the dog probably thinks I had abandoned him, as was my plan to come home last night, but with the boy spending the night at his friends and the other on at his father's, I guess it was easy to forget the poor dog and I just stayed down there. LOL

Today, I'm sore, I'm not going to lie and I'm going to just watch football and relax. Nothing else at all! I would love to exercise, I miss it, really. I can't do anything but walk for at least 3 more weeks :( Boo hoo You never realize how much your life and priorities change with this whole procedure and now that exercise is part of my life, when I can't do it, I miss it.

Eating is less I have noticed too, I can't seem to stomach hardly anything at all in a sitting. Last night for dinner I had a cup of soup and was overstuffed. WTF is that, I haven't felt like that since I originally had the surgery early out. It's actually really strange to be back at this point but it is where I am at. I like to eat and enjoy my food and choices but wow!! So I will be taking it easy this week, he has asked me to go on a bike ride next Sunday and I really would like to go, pain willing! lol We'll see and he totally understands. I think the lady last night at dinner looked at us like we were crazy with our dinner order, me cup of soup and him 1/2 doz crabs and there were two left when we were done. So that leads me to the last revelation, he's had the gastric sleeve...he's lost a ton of weight and well I didn't know when I first met him, but it really has seemed to bond us on a different level, but not to interfere with anything else.

On that I am leaving I need my couch and to lay and watch some football, hopefully there will be some good winners today!

No comments: