Thursday, December 27, 2007

Thursday

Couldn't come soon enough this week. I am coming down with the cold that has been passed around my home and work for the last few weeks. Woke up this a.m. with the scratchy, sore throat, yuck!! I'm all congested and trying to survive the last hour here at work. I am very excited though as I have a hair appointment tonight, I just wish it were earlier than 7:30 but I will prevail because I need my hair cut in a bad way.

Today was a busy, productive day. I didn't manage to get up and get my exercise in however, I think the extra 1/2 hour of sleep was warranted based on how I am feeling. Maybe tomorrow if I can shake some of this crud I will definitely get some new yoga in. I got two new dvd's for christmas and haven't had a chance to try them out yet! I have done excellent eating this holiday season, although no foods really bother me, except for the gas and carbs combination from hell, I have gained nothing and even managed to lose a few more lbs. I'm going to need new clothes again as some of the ones I've been wearing are getting big again, even after I had the pants taken in at the waist. They are ballooning around my legs and I look like a bad impression of I Dream of Jeannie...lol

We are coming to the end of the busy season here at work, thank god is all I can say about that one, combined with the separation, and all the other crap going on in my life the last few months have been a real feat of juggling on my part. How I have kept my head together during some of it is really amazing even to myself!! One more hurdle, New Years Eve, which is our anniversary. I'm sure something will come up that I won't want to deal with but whatever, it's part of the healing/divorce process and it's bound to happen more often than not with this one. We have decided to stay in on NYE and have a nice dinner, maybe watch a movie or two and hopefully drift off to sleep while trying to stay up and watch the ball drop. It's our first NYE together me and my new guy. He really is a rock in my life that holds me together when the "shit hits the fan" called my STBXH.

The kids are both home that night also, so hopefully they will come up with some fun things for us to do....instead of the standard, "I am bored" My sister is coming in Feb from Greece, I can't wait to see her, she's been gone since end of July and now she's coming home married and bringing the new husband who've we have all spoken with but only mom has met so far. I can't wait to meet him. Things are progressing nicely for their wedding here in July and I am very excited for this because truthfully I never thought my little sister would ever, ever get married.

I am going to Philly Sat and being an extra in a movie they are shooting at a church, a nice little chunk of change for a few hours of dressing nice and looking pretty, get my name in the credits and well hopefully it will be alot of fun and I'll get to meet some really cool people. I hope I truly feel better by then also!!

Back on plan with eating, cutting back, oh so way back on the carbs....they are evil and well just don't like me, thank god the holiday eating is almost over, one more party Sat and I'm done till next year!!

1 comment:

Kim H. said...

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about your cold, but maybe by now you feel better. I hope that you have a great day tomorrow - and I can't wait until my clothes don't fit anymore!!