Monday, November 26, 2007

The up's and down's of blended families

My family for the most part is totally dysfunctional now. My eldest son has my parents (who are divorced) his father's parents (who are also divorced) me and his father (who are divorced) and my youngest is journeying down that same path right now. It's overload when you are trying to celebrate holidays with your family. There is no real sense of the "old-fashioned" family at all, it's really sad at the end of the day when I think about it, but it's the reality of the situation. We celebrated our dysfunctional Thanksgiving on Sat, with my and my children, my gf and her son, my son's gf and my new man. Let's just say it was a big blend of alot of things but wow at the end of the day, it's exhausting.

Me and the man went to the Va vs Penn game Friday night, what a great game, although VA blew Penn away...lol It was a late night as the first game didn't get done until almost 45 min late and we left with 5 min on the clock at 12 midnight. I was exhausted to say the least. Sat a.m. up early to pickup ds2 and get him bowling at 9am sharp, back home to get the big bird in the oven and back to bowling to pick him up. Then my man came down and off shopping for xmas gifts we went, back home around 3pm to check the big bird who was cooking superbly in the oven and I crashed hard at that point. Dinner around 6pm and again I crashed out for the night at 9pm. Off the next am with his daughter to do giftwrapping at the mall I felt like crap Sunday and really just wanted to lay in bed and die. I'm not sure what that was all about, but the whole day was feeling up and down, shaky and just plain old blah. We watched the Cleveland game and I dashed off to home to spend the rest of the evening with the kids, one of whom was not home yet. STBXH made a royal pia of himself all day yesterday, calling like a million times, I swear he knows when I'm with the new man and just does it to be a pest. New man is very unhappy with the whole situation and I don't blame him one bit. Of course you can't reason this with stbhx as it's his way or no way at all.....

Today, back at work...eagles played a great game and actually showed some real football team potential last night against new england, too bad that didn't come earlier in the season.

Got a little bit of decorations up and my weight is down again :( I swear I ate and ate and ate, but I think the stress of the whole situation and everything going on is just driving me nutso. I just wish the scale would cooperate with the eating habits. I've been told now I look sickly, too thin, I don't know, I feel good but....I just feel something is wrong.

So on that note, I'm going to get some work done, I'm really happy in my life and with my life and am so excited for Christmas this year (which I wasn't 2 months ago)

2 comments:

Susy said...

Don't forget to take care of you! Sounds like it's been a rough fall for you and you have made many life changes. Hope you feel better, just slow down some and catch your breath. Be happy! :)

Michelle said...

thanks susy I am happy for the most part and yes it has been a tad bit difficult lately. There are alot of changes happening all at once, but I think in the end it will all be great! Thanks and yes I need a Michelle Day really bad, maybe Wed this week with everyone at school!!