Friday, September 22, 2006

Autumn

Is here, not officially yet until tomorrow but it has slowly been creeping into our area already. The mornings have been brisk 40-50's and the days warm 70's -low 80's. I love autumn, the changing of the leaves, the warm days, cool evenings, the football season is back, the trees changing colors. Of course that means that old man winter is right around the corner, and I'm not too fond of winter but it is the way it is in the mid-Atlantic states and it's part of the cycle. I look forward also to my surgery and my "new" me next summer, a thinner, healthier person than I am now. To be able to enjoy shopping and clothes, to actually be impressed and excited to get dressed and not just "cover up" the areas!

Autumn is a time of transition, the days start getting shorter, the nights longer. We all feel sleepier and prepare for the long incubation before the first thaw of spring and the buds on the trees. It is wonderous and dreaded for many. Some suffer from the seasonal change. I brace myself for weeks before the actual time change but it comes nonetheless and I deal as I do every year. So I guess I use this as a time of reflection, to sort out how the year was and what the rest of the year holds. What a great time to be alive!

me

No comments: