Saturday, May 09, 2009

Wonderful Saturday

I had a wonderful day, I was being an insomniac last night and sitting outside on the adirondack chair and enjoying a quiet beautiful evening and my oldest came home. Ok, it's like midnight at this point all. He came and sat with me and we had a nice talk, we sat and laughed and talked for about 1/2 hour, it was nice. Signs of what is to come when he moves on and comes to visit his mama.....He got us tix tonight to see XMen Wolverine, I liked it, David, well he thought it would be better, I don't know. Ok, so anyhow, my oldest informed me that since Sunday is Mother's Day and Monday is my birthday he would be home Monday to celebrate both with me. I know his reasons (his gf is getting ready to be gone for a month or two to Lebanon) and he is trying to spend alot of time with her and do things to hold them over until they can be together again. I think he's a sweet boy because he said, Mom, I love you but I need to spend time with her, do you understand this? Yes, I do. I remember being young and in love and thinking this is it. Who knows though, sometimes it still does work out and I really do like her alot!

So anyhow, I got my jungle (lawn) cut, good lord was that a feat and a half. I got a few flowers transplanted as I wanted to and then we went to the movies, brought home dinner and are spending a beautiful night home. I love to be home and enjoying the laughter and fun in the home. I will miss this when the kids grow up and move out though.

So, I am off, to declutter more, that is my thing right now, I'm trying to thin things out......

Happy Mother's Day to all my mom friends! I hope you enjoy your day and it is such a great thing to be a mom!

No comments: