Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful.....

Happy Thanksgiving to all who read!!

I am thankful for so many things this year in my life.

Again, for my health and happiness I thank my surgeon who helped me two years by starting me on a journey that had it's ups and downs and helped me become the healthy mom I am today. Although the highs were great and the lows sometimes just too much for me handle, I have come out a stronger, more confident person. One who is not afraid to try new things and just be myself. I don't have to worry that I won't "fit" into something because I'm too big or too much weight. So Dr. I, I raise my glass to you and thank you once again for giving me another chance to do this right the healthy way!

I am thankful for my children. While they are growing and moving into their own lives they are the pride and joy. I was able to be a proud mom of a now high school graduate. Although he is fumbling his way through college I am confident he will figure it out and be a successful adult. My youngest who is coming into his teen years as a strong, very adept human being. Making difficult decisions already about his life and learning that it isn't always fair but it is about choices. I am proud to be their mom and help teach and hold their hand as they grow.

I am thankful for my family. Although we are literally spread throughout the world, we are a stronger and more united one than when I was growing up. Proof of that this past summer became evident at the wedding of my youngest sister. My parents who have been divorced for years actually talked, laughed and in general got along. It was very nice to have us all in the same room, although only for hours, they are hours I will cherish forever. Even with the happiness we did have a bit of sadness with the passing of my grandmom, thankful for the years I spent with her and my grandfather growing up. She taught me alot and I find that if I really think about it, she has shaped my life and who I am just as much as my own parents, a strong, independent woman who immigrated from Poland with her family, she was a very important part of my life, then and now!

Thankful for the change and chances I have been given. Lots of doors have opened and closed in my life this year. Not all pleasant, but needing to be done. 2008 is a year of growing and believing in myself, and for that I am thankful for all those who have done it with me!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

3 comments:

Susy said...

Happy Thanksgiving my friend!

Luv ya!

Anonymous said...

Hello my name is Christy Lee. I am seeking out possible link
partners that our visitors would be interesting in visiting. I've
found your website to be a very good fit for our visitors. I have
already gone ahead and added your link to our website at:
http://weightlosspictures.blogspot.com/
I am contacting you to see if it is ok to have done so. Also, I
would like to ask if you mind linking back to us? If so, please
use the linking details below and send me the location of our
link on your website.
We've got several PR5 and 6 websites, so we expect this site to become atleast a PR5 within 1 month and will eventually become a
6 or 7 in 2-3 months. I hope this can be a way for us to benefit
our visitors with excellent content.
Hope to hear from you soon.
You can Email me at:wheepin_guitar@yahoo.com
Christy Lee
http://weightlosspictures.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Thanks michelle for link approval of mine. But I forgot to mention one thing. Could you please write Weight Loss Management as a Title to my link instead of Weight Loss Pictures. It would be very nice of you.
So you like led zeppelin as well. Stairway to heaven-I love it!!