Tuesday, September 12, 2006

People

Did you ever notice how people have gotten to be so insincere. Back when I was growing up in the 70's and 80's people were more sympathetic and you could feel more comfortable out there in the millions. Nowadays peole are rude, demanding, and just plain old ignorant in some cases. Alot of them think the world owes them something when in fact no one owes anyone anything! I was put in this position this past Saturday when I was going out to pickup a clothes washer that someone was selling. Now to backup, the past Wednesday I called this gentlemen who was very well spoken and kind on the telephone. We agreed that Saturday would be the day I would come out and pickup this washer. I asked him if this would be a problem waiting and he assured me it was fine. So we leave the house and make out way to his. We are knocking on the door and no one answers. Confusion sets in. So I go outside and get my cellphone out to call him and find out if there was a delay in his reaching home. Well low and behold there is a message for me, from him. He's sorry to say he's sold it. Right out from under me!! I mean I was shocked and hurt that he would do this. Well my dh is fuming now and we've wasted an hour for nothing.

So I'm back on the hunt for a washer. Well I called another gentleman yesterday morning. He said he would call me last night and we would make arrangements. So I saved myself a little bit of cash and he even delivered it out to the house too! What a great person he turned out to be.

Now I'm on to another story. My gf has been seeing this new man. She met him on a Thursday evening 8/3 . Great news for her, she's been single for about five years now. Well I left on vacation 8/5 and when I get home on 8/11 she's sitting in my front yard telling me she's moving in with him. OMG I am shocked, and confused why should would put her five year old in this position. But it's her life and whatever she thinks is best will have to be. OK...So moving forward. Now we are at a little over one month, she's mostly moved in. Never talks to me anymore and I know that this "man" a term I use loosely is not divorced yet from his wife. In fact the horrible truth about it all is that she only moved out about a week before he met my gf. So the kicker, he got fired from his recent job (not that I consider it a job) and she was let go about a month ago. Last night I get a call from her (which I missed thank god) and she states that they've been busy. She didn't get a chance to call me back from Friday because she was away this weekend!! OK no $$ and you were away??? WTF is that! I really don't know what she is doing but she's hiding out well for someone who only lives around the corner right now! Whatever. I do know one thing, I will not be there when the shit hits the fan this time, emotionally I'm drained from her and I can't deal with her and what I have going on in my life right now at the same time. I think it will only be a short time before something happens but I guess the old addage time will tell will be the truth.

So there's my rant for today....I guess I'm supposed to feel better now...

lol

me

No comments: