Tuesday, September 19, 2006

New beginnings

My oldest son is 16 today. What a great milestone that is in his life. He is able to drive now, although not totally unattended but still. I told him you get few true milestones as far as birthdays go and today is one of them. Of course some see the beginning of teenage years a milestone but we skipped right over that one. 16, 18, 21, 25 (for boys) and then every decade. I think those are true milestones.

So 16 years ago at 5:55 am a 9lb 10oz boy came into this world screaming for his life. Today he stands 6'4" and weighs about 180 so quite a difference 16 years makes! He is a great student, ranked in the top 30 of his class and he athletic also, playing football and basketball. A proud mom I am of this child.

Last night was the second JV game of the season (football) unfortunately they lost 12-0 so it was not a good night, but he played, and boy did he play alot. Good luck for next week.

So while many moms out there may feel old as their children grow older, not me, I'm a young 42 and moving forward to a healthier lifestyle for myself and looking forward to all life has to bring me.

me

No comments: